Upcoming Training Dates:
IMI L2 & L3 Fast track training commencing March 7th – March 9th 2023 in Essex. Limited spaces available, please get in contact using the form below if you are interested. Or call us on 01376 525606.
More dates coming soon.
About This Course
This IMI qualification is designed for technicians who maintain, diagnose and repair high and low voltage operating systems on electric/hybrid vehicles. It contains the skills and knowledge required to work safely around a vehicles high and low voltage electrical system and electric drive train system, whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around the vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system. On completing this qualification, technicians will have gained knowledge of both low and high voltage technologies and an understanding of their dangers.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying our diagnostic, testing and repair activities. There are two mandatory units in the qualifications.
EV3 covers skills in:
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- Using information to carry out the take
- Carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations
- As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will aquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to remove and replace electric/hybrid vehicle high voltage components
Candidates are required to sit an online examination at the end of the course
- Qual Ref: 603/1468/0
- This qualification is delivered over 1 day.
- From £435.00 per person / $625.00 per person
Min/Max Number Of Candidates
- Minimum 2 people
- Maximum 12 people
- Trainee must have been working within the automotive industry for at least 12-18 months
- Fluent in English. Written and Spoken. (Other language training can be provided but should be requested during initial consultation. Additional costs may apply.)
- On customers site
- In a training facility
The typical progression route on completion of this qualification is to Level 4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair and Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components. This qualification is designed for technicians who maintain and repair electric/hybrid high voltage vehicle systems and components.
Level 4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components.
Terms And Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- Mileage will be charged at £0.45/mile from the trainers location (Pricing may differ for training outside of the UK).
- A hotel and subsistence cost may be charged at £155.00/night / $220/night depending on location.
- We will require full payment in advance to secure your requested training date.
- If you can no longer make the arranged training date, we’ll move your course to another date but notice must be given.