About This Course
This IMI qualification is designed for technicians who maintain and repair electric/hybrid vehicles. It contains the skills and knowledge required to work safely around the electric/hybrid vehicles high and low voltage electrical system and electric drive train systems, whilst carrying out repairs and maintenance. On completing this qualification, technicians will have gained knowledge of both low and high voltage technologies and an understanding of their dangers.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities (not high voltage components or systems) This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system. It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
- Electric/Hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Safely perparing the vehicles when carrying routine maintenance (not high voltage components or systems)
Candidates are required to sit an online examination and carry our a practical skills assesment at the end of the course.
- Qual Ref: 603/1466/7
- This qualification is delivered over 2 consecutive days.
- From £460.00 per person / $660.00 per person
Min/Max Number Of Candidates
- Minimum 6 people
- Maximum 12 people
- Trainee must have been working within the automotive industry for at least 12-18 months
- On customers site
- In a training facility
This IMI Level 2 qualification provides essential knowledge and skills to enable candidates to progress to Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement. This qualification further develops knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out repairs and replacements of high voltage components on electric/hybrid vehicles.
Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement.
Terms And Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- Mileage will be charged at £0.45/mile from the trainers location (Pricing may differ for training outside of the UK).
- A hotel and subsistence cost may be charged at £155.00/night / $220/night depending on location.
- We will require full payment in advance to secure your requested training date.
- If you can no longer make the arranged training date, we’ll move your course to another date.