About this Course
This IMI qualification is an introduction to electric/hybrid vehicle technology and is intended to provide learners with an awareness of electric/hybrid vehicle operation. This programme is particularly useful for people involved in the automotive retail industry as the growth in electric/hybrid vehicle market continue to increase.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles. It contains one mandatory unit covering:
- The types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Hazard associated with the motor vehicle high energy systems
- Working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
On completing this qualification, learners will have acquired significant core knowledge of working safely around, but not maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
This programme is particularly suited to individuals in non-technical roles such as:
- Sales and aftersales advisor
- Parts advisor
- Event staff
- Vehicle recovery personnel
- Vehicle dismantlers
- Vehicle damage assessors
- Electric/hybrid professional vehicles drivers
- Retail customers
- Qual Ref: 603/1465/5
- This qualification is delivered over 1/2 day.
- From £170.00 per person / $250.00 per person
Min/Max number of candidates
- Minimum 2 people
- Maximum 12 people
- Fluent in English. Written and Spoken. (Other language training can be provided but should be requested during initial consultation. Additional costs may apply.)
- On customers site
- In a training facility
This IMI Level 1 qualification provides essential knowledge and awareness of electric/hybrid vehicle technology. Further study can be undertaken with the Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities and Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement. These qualifications further develop knowledge and skills within the technical role.
Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities.
Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement.
Terms and Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- Mileage will be charged at £0.45/mile from the trainers location (Pricing may differ for training outside of the UK).
- A hotel and subsistence cost may be charged at £155.00/night / $220/night depending on location.
- We will require full payment in advance to secure your requested training date.
- If you can no longer make the arranged training date, we’ll move your course to another date.