IMI Accredited Electric Vehicle Dismantling – Competent/Authorised Combined Fast Track
About this course
Electric Vehicle Technicians have had access to certified training at different levels of competency for a number of years, but this has not been the case for Vehicle Dismantling Technicians until now.
Vehicle repairers have been taught how to diagnose faults on Electric or Hybrid vehicles, make them safe, repair or replace the high voltage component and then put the vehicle back together and make them work. Vehicle dismantlers need to know how to assess Electric and Hybrid vehicles, store them properly, make them safe and dismantle them, store the parts and ship them out for re-use, repurposing or recycling, so the accredited and certified training for vehicle repair technicians met some of the criteria for dismantling but not all.
Electric Vehicle Dismantling Training raises the professional standards of the vehicle dismantling and recycling industry, provides consistent training standards across the world, helps develop knowledge and understanding, enables team members to grow their own abilities, and achieve accredited training.
Competent/Authorised Combined Fast Track Course
As the name suggests, this is the Competent and Authorised courses delivered back-to-back on consecutive days.
This is the base level of technical training. The training is for one day, includes practical and theory assessments, teaches technicians how to work on high voltage vehicles once the vehicle has been made safe – in other words, working on the vehicle in the ‘non-live’ state. Dismantling and removing parts, assessing parts, storing them correctly and similar.
The second level of technical training. This is completed after the Competent level, is one day in duration and includes practical and theory assessments. Authorised training teaches the technician how to assess the vehicle, how to make the vehicle safe to work on, component storage along with any additional safety precautions for components that have been damaged.
- IMI Certification- Digital Certificate
- 2 Days
- From £700.00 per person / $850.00 per person
Min/Max Number Of Candidates
- Minimum 4 people
- Maximum 10 people
- Fluent in English. Written and Spoken. (Other language training can be provided but should be requested during initial consultation. Additional costs may apply.)
- Must be working in a vehicle dismantling operation as a vehicle dismantling technician or supervisor.
- On customers site
Terms And Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- Mileage will be charged at £0.45/mile from the trainers location (Pricing may differ for training outside of the UK).
- A hotel and subsistence cost may be charged at £155.00/night / $220/night depending on location.
- We will require full payment in advance to secure your requested training date.
- If you can no longer make the arranged training date, we’ll move your course to another date.
- Trainee must have access to the following personal protective equipment on the day of training including: Class 0 gloves, eye protection, warning signs, cat III 1000V multimeter, insulated floor matting & a rescue hook as an absolute minimum. These can be purchased from EINTAC in advance, please see our Technician Kit here. Please contact us for more information.
- Trainee must have access to a suitable electric or hybrid vehicle for the practical assessment. If/where the trainers vehicle is used, a £40/$60 charge is applied for the vehicle sanitisation after the course. This includes sanitisation at the start and end of the course.