IMI Accredited Electric Vehicle Dismantling – Informed
About this course
Electric Vehicle Technicians have had access to certified training at different levels of competency for a number of years, but this has not been the case for Vehicle Dismantling Technicians until now.
Vehicle repairers have been taught how to diagnose faults on Electric or Hybrid vehicles, make them safe, repair or replace the high voltage component and then put the vehicle back together and make them work. Vehicle dismantlers need to know how to assess Electric and Hybrid vehicles, store them properly, make them safe and dismantle them, store the parts and ship them out for re-use, repurposing or recycling, so the accredited and certified training for vehicle repair technicians met some of the criteria for dismantling but not all.
Electric Vehicle Dismantling Training raises the professional standards of the vehicle dismantling and recycling industry, provides consistent training standards across the world, helps develop knowledge and understanding, enables team members to grow their own abilities, and achieve accredited training.
This introductory training is designed for non-technical staff in the vehicle dismantling operation, this could be for drivers, cleaners, sales, parts, leaders, health and safety team and managers. This is a half day training that gives them the awareness of high voltage, how these vehicle work and the risks around these vehicles.
- IMI Certification – Digital Certificate
- Half Day
- From £300.00 per person / £365.00 per person
Min/Max Number Of Candidates
- Minimum 4 people
- Maximum 15 people
- Fluent in English. Written and Spoken. (Other language training can be provided but should be requested during initial consultation. Additional costs may apply.)
- On customers site
Terms And Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- Mileage will be charged at £0.45/mile from the trainers location (Pricing may differ for training outside of the UK).
- A hotel and subsistence cost may be charged at £155.00/night / $220/night depending on location.
- We will require full payment in advance to secure your requested training date.
- If you can no longer make the arranged training date, we’ll move your course to another date.
- Trainee must have access to the following personal protective equipment on the day of training including: Class 0 gloves, eye protection, warning signs, cat III 1000V multimeter, insulated floor matting & a rescue hook as an absolute minimum. These can be purchased from EINTAC in advance, please see our Technician Kit here. Please contact us for more information.
- Trainee must have access to a suitable electric or hybrid vehicle for the practical assessment. If/where the trainers vehicle is used, a £40/$60 charge is applied for the vehicle sanitisation after the course. This includes sanitisation at the start and end of the course.