Basic Awareness Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Training – Onsite
About This Course
This qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and awareness of high voltage vehicles, the risks and potential issues surrounding these vehicles and the skills required to work safely around these vehicles, including vehicle dismantlers, recovery operations, first responders, leaders and managers.
Once trainees have been through this course, individuals will have a clearer understanding on:
- The types of electric and hybrid vehicles
- The hazards and risks associated with high voltage systems in vehicles
- How to work safely around the vehicle, including charging
- Electric shock potential
- De-powering the high-voltage system
- Battery storage
The training course will also include a practical element where trainees will:
- Learn how to use safety equipment correctly
- Identify HEV cables
- Check auxiliary battery voltage
- Locating HEV battery and auxiliary battery
- Disable the power source
- WaMITAB Certified (Waste Management Industy Training and Advisory Board)
- This qualification is delivered over 1/2 day.
- £150.00/per person
Min/Max Number Of Candidates
- Minimum 6 people
- On customers site
Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities.
Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement.
Level 3 City and Guilds Qualification
Terms And Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- Mileage will be charged at £0.45/mile from the trainers location.
- A hotel and subsistance cost may be charged at £155.00/night depending on location.
- We will require full payment in advance to secure your requested training date.
- If you can no longer make the arranged training date, we’ll move your course to another date.
- Trainee must have access to the following personal protective equipment on the day of training including: Class 0 gloves, eye protection, warning signs, cat III 1000V multimeter, insulated floor matting & a rescue hook as an absolute minumum. These can be purchased from Eintac in advance, please see our Technician Kit here. Please contact us for more information.
- If you are booking a training course with us, get in touch with us for your loyalty code discounts which applies to all our kits.
- Trainee must have access to a suitable electric or hybrid vehicle for the practical assessment. If/where the trainers vehicle is used, a £40 charge is applied for the vehicle sanitisation after the course. This includes sanitisation at the start and end of the course.