Basic Awareness Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Training – Online / Online Live
About This Course
This qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and awareness of high voltage vehicles, the risks and potential issues surrounding these vehicles and the skills required to work safely around these vehicles, including vehicle dismantlers, recovery operations, first responders, leaders and managers.
Once trainees have been through this course, individuals will have a clearer understanding on:
- The types of electric and hybrid vehicles
- The hazards and risks associated with high voltage systems in vehicles
- How to work safely around the vehicle, including charging
- Electric shock potential
- De-powering the high-voltage system
- Battery storage
The training course will also include a practical element where trainees will:
- Learn how to use safety equipment correctly
- Identify HEV cables
- Check auxiliary battery voltage
- Locating HEV battery and auxiliary battery
- Disable the power source
This programme is particularly suited to individuals in non-technical roles such as:
- Sales and aftersales advisor
- Parts advisor
- Event staff
- Vehicle recovery personnel
- Vehicle dismantlers
- Vehicle damage assessors
- Electric/hybrid professional vehicles drivers
- Retail customers
- WaMITAB Certified (Waste Management Industy Training and Advisory Board).
- Online – access to videos and associated workbooks followed by a 60-90 minute live conference call to summarise training & answer any specific questions.
- Online Live – our qualified trainers will provide the course over a live video call.
- Online – Complete the course in your own time. A conference call must be booked with the trainer for the practical element of the course.
- Online Live – 1/2 day
- From £150.00 per person / $210.00 per person
Min/Max Number Of Candidates
- Online Minimum – 1 person
- Online Live Minimum – 2 people
- Fluent in English. Written and Spoken. (Other language training can be provided but should be requested during initial consultation. Additional costs may apply.)
Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities.
Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement.
Level 3 City and Guilds Qualification
Terms And Conditions
- Prices are excl VAT.
- We will require full payment in advance to book your session with the trainer or before we provide the trainee with access to any workbooks & videos.
- All videos will be password protected. Passwords will be updated at regular intervals.
- Trainee must have access to the following personal protective equipment on the day of the practical element of the training course including: Class 0 gloves, eye protection, warning signs, cat III 1000V multimeter, insulated floor matting & a rescue hook as an absolute minumum. These can be purchased from Eintac in advance, please see our Technician Kit here. Please contact us for more information.
- If you are booking a training course with us, get in touch with us for your loyalty code discounts which applies to all our kits.
- Trainee must have access to a suitable electric or hybrid vehicle for the practical assessment.